The S-8 unguided aircraft rockets designed to destroy any ground targets and are used on almost all Russian-made military helicopters and aircraft.
The rockets are powered by a versatile solid fuel rocket motor.
Their construction has incorporated progressive methods for body forming from ready-made rolled aluminum, original design (locking of folding fins) and process solutions aimed at reducing manufacturing man-hours, costs and increasing operational reliability.
Currently, the following types of rockets are offered for export:
- S-8KOM – with HEAT fragmentation warhead;
- S-8BM – with concrete-piercing (penetrating) HE warhead;
- S-8T – with tandem HEAT fragmentation warhead;
- S-8DF – with FAE warhead;
- S-8OM – with illuminating warhead;
- S-8PM – with chaff warhead;
- S-8TsM – with target designating (smoke) warhead.
Operating temperature range of all rocket versions is ±60º C, the caliber - 80mm.
Designed to engage manpower and soft-skinned military equipment located in folds of the terrain, forests and open-type field fortifications.