The 122mm KM-3 Kitolov-2M artillery guided weapon system is designed to engage single and group, stationary and moving, armored and unarmored targets and field works by 122mm towed and self-propelled artillery systems.
Advantages and operational features
On the battlefield, the Kitolov-2M system provides:
- first-shot kill without registration;
- engagement of group (dispersed) targets using common firing data;
- firing with abbreviated preparation of weather and ballistic data;
- attacking the top of the target, which is most vulnerable and least protected.
The portable Malakhit automated artillery fire control system (AAFCS) provides target detection and illumination (including at night), survey control of the fire position and command observation post, automated calculation and firing data input
- a round with the K122 laser-guided projectile and a cased propelling charge;
- Malakhit AAFCS.