Rubin-EG automated communications system is designed to provide reliable communications with shore-based command and control posts, other surface ships, submarines and aircraft.
- integration of all ship communication facilities into a single system;
- operation in different radio bands, satellite channels including for long-range (up to global) communications providing;
- usage of state-of-the-art communication/data transfer protocols enabling high throughput, validity and secure data exchange;
- availability of data channels for automated ship/weapons management systems support;
- communication channels and modes automated control;
- automated testing of the system;
- dual redundancy of main switching and control units;
- adoption of the ISDN international digital networks standard enabling integration of additional Russian/foreign-made technical facilities, developed on the basis of this standard, to meet customer requirements;
- possibilities of installing the system on ships during their construction, repairs or upgrading.
- channel-forming subsystem (antennas, switching and distribution system, transmitters, receivers, radio sets);
- terminal equipment subsystem (various-purpose data transfer units, including those for automated management systems);
- subscriber equipment subsystem (communication control panels, ship communication terminals, digital audio-recorders);
- information-and-control subsystem (communications control, testing and integration facilities, switching equipment, automated workstations).