The Zarya-ME surface ship sonar system is designed for undersea and surface targets detection to enable underwater weapon application and navigation security.
- submarines and surface ships detection in hydrolocation mode by hall-mounted, towed and dipping antenna arrays;
- detection of torpedoes, submarines and surface ships in the listening mode by hall-mounted, towed and dipping antenna arrays;
- automatic target tracking, localization and motion parameters determination, and targeting to underwater weapons;
- objects classification into submarine, surface ship, torpedo and decoy classes;
- torpedoes detection in the active mode;
- hydroacoustic communications with submarines and surface ships, and identification "friend-or-foe";
- monitoring of sonar background noise;
- continuous automatic system’s functional testing and location.
Zarya-ME family sonars share a typical structure, differing only in array dimensions and number of hardware components on a particular ship project. Such unification is obtained thanks to the use of multiprocessor computers, standard color displays, as well as sonar management assets.
Zarya-ME sonar modifications are installed on ships of small, medium and large displacement.