The Podsolnukh-E coastal stationary over-the-horizon surface wave radar is designed for all-weather detecting of surface crafts and air targets by the continuous round-the-clock observation of the ocean (sea) areas and air space above them both over the horizon as well as in a direct visibility zone in order to maintain control over sea activity in an Exclusive Economic Zone.
- surface/air targets over-the-horizon detection and tracking;
- automatic surface/air target location and transmission of designation data to weapon systems;
- automatic identification of target types and determination of their motion parameters;
- tracked target data transfer to end users for decision-making direction of manoeuvring forces to the detected targets;
- analysis of interference environment, as well as meteorological and physical conditions at sea level in the area of responsibility.
Principle of operation
The over-the-horizon radar's principle of operation is based on distribution of HW wave formed at the expense of decameter electromagnetic wave diffraction effect beyond the limits of direct visibility (line of radiohorizon).
in pdf format