The Project 22356 multirole frigate is designed to perform the following missions:
- engagement of surface ships and vessels;
- search for and destruction of enemy submarines;
- engagement of ground targets in the depth oh enemy territory, on shore and islands;
- anti-air, anti-submarine and anti-boat defence of ships and vessels;
- fire support for landing assault forces and ground forces conducting combat operations in littoral areas.
Fregat-MAE-5 3D radar.
Zarya-ME-03 sonar system.
- Club-NKE integrated missile system;
- Yakhont anti-ship cruise missiles with a launcher;
- Shtil-1 medium-range SAM or Rif-M SAM;
- 130mm A-192-5P-10E Armat-Puma multipurpose shipborne artillery system or 100mm AK-190E gun mount;
- Palma air defence artillery system, with SAM Sosna-R or 30mm AK-630M automatic artillery mount;
- Paket-E/NK small anti-submarine torpedo/anti-torpedo system;
- DP-65 anti-sabotage system consists of two 98U grenade launchers;
- helicopter – weight up to 12 ton.