The Gepard 3.9 class frigate is designed to search, track and counter enemy surface, underwater and air targets, either independently or as part of a group, perform convoy operations, patrols and protection of the state border and maritime Exclusive Economic Zone.
Armament and equipment
- Ka-28 helicopter (with ammunition load) or Ka-31 helicopter;
- air-technical equipment.
- Uran-E shipborne missile system or Club-N integrated missile system;
- 3Ts-25E or Mineral-ME radar.
- 1x76mm AK-176M or 1x100mm A-190 Universal lightweight naval gun;
- 2/3xAK-630M CIWS or 2/3xPalma gun/missile air defense systems;
- 2x7.62mm PKMB machine gun;
- 2x14.5mm MTPU naval pedestal machine gun mount.
Artillery fire control systems
- Laska-M or Palma-SU radar.
Air defense missile weapon
- Shtil-1 SAM system;
- 3M-47 Gibka turret launcher for Igla (Igla-S) MANPADS.
- 2xDTA-53 twin-tube torpedo launchers;
- RPK-8E antisubmarine rocket system with the Purga control system.
- BOT-E/Zmey or MG-94ME/MG-104EM-D sonar countermeasures device;
- 4x10 PK-10 decoy launcher system;
- TK-25E-2 or MP-405-1E ECM system;
- Spektr-F4 laser detection equipment.
- Pozitiv-ME1/ME1.2 active radar or Fregat MAE/AE-1/AE-2 radar;
- Podzagolovok-23E electromagnetic compatibility system;
- Ogon-M infrared joint night sailing system;
- 67R IFF system;
- Gorizont-25 integrated navigation system.
- MGK-335EM-03 sonar system with underkeel antenna;
- Vinietka-EM sonar station.
- Rubin-EG automated communications system;
- GMDSS communications system.
Combat Information Control System (CICS)
- Blokirovka-3.9 joint safe weapon employment system.
- active stabilizers;
- underway fueling-at-sea device.