in pdf format
Ontomap-V1 is operational simulator and intended for naval staff officers training aimed at making well substantiated decisions and planning operations at running the combat missions.
Operational simulator provides:
- operational (tactical) training of the commanders and staff officers of the military formations, as well as for education the students of the naval schools in controlling the forces;
- operational and combat teamwork of the staffs for controlling the forces (troops);
- quantitative support of the naval formations organization & establishment, new forms and techniques of using forces, armament and equipment;
- military research on employing the Navy asset, weapons, armament and equipment by simulating the warfare at sea.
Types of training arrangements:
- lectures and seminars;
- command and staff exercise and war games;
- operational briefings;
- demo battles;
- research war games.
Software is developed with due regard to SPIIRAS basic technologies:
- intelligent GIS;
- expert system based on ontology system;
- planning of operation and workflow system;
- calculation complex supporting decision-making;
- simulation the hydrological, meteorological and radar conditions of the environment.
Simulation and modeling system based on the 600 tactical models of all types warfare. It has ability to simulate 6,000 maritime objects at the same time.
Subsystem of Ontomap-V1 software functioning provides:
- concurrent multilevel (not less 4) modeling of naval forces actions (playing off the Parties` deployment plans);
- concerted activity of trainees, command and staff operators at WKS of tutorial command centers;
- developing planning materials and organizing for operational task realization;
- reference sources using, as well as operational tasks calculations` package.
Modeling operations examples:
- engagement of the surface ship groupings;
- search for the submarines and their engagement;
- repelling the strikes of the air attack weapons;
- engagement of the ground targets;
- mine-laying and contra-mine activities;
- amphibious assault and repelling the enemy’s amphibious assault;
- fire support of the land forces;
- defense of the naval communications;
- counterterrorist operations;
- peace-making operations with participation of the Navy forces;
- network-centric operations and information war.
in pdf format