The Nebo-SVU radar is designed for use in Air Defence forces and provides:
- automatic detection, positioning, and tracking of a wide range of current air targets, including ballistic and low-signature stealthy targets;
- identification friend-or-foe interrogation;
- location of active jammers;
- target identification when operating as part of both advanced automated Air Defence command and control systems and non-automated control systems.
Radar design features:
- an active electronically scanned array (AESA) with analog-to-digital data signal conversion in each array row;
- digital space-time signal processing;
- flexible adaptation of the signal processing system to the electronic countermeasures environment and radar’s condition;
- a high-performance digital moving-target indication system, enabling reliable tracking of air targets under moisture target and passive jamming conditions;
- adaptive side lobe suppression.
The use of the VHF waveband makes the radar almost invulnerable to current and future anti-radiation missiles.