en formato pdf
The S-125-2M Pechora-2M surface-to-air missile (SAM) system is designed to provide air defence for military, administrative and industrial installations against aircraft, helicopters, cruise missiles flying at low altitudes, including stealthy ones, in a simple and severe electronic countermeasures environment.
The upgrading efforts have resulted in:
- better firing performance through a larger engagement area and a higher target kill probability due to the use of the upgraded 5V27D (5V27DЕ) SAM;
- enhanced survivability of the SAM system through the use of new electronic and electro-optical devices, electronic counter-countermeasures (ECCM) equipment, and shorter inter-van cabling;
- improved tactical mobility of the SAM system by mounting its main assets on a wheeled chassis with autonomous power supply equipment, satellite navigation equipment and also due to considerable reduction in emplacement / displacement time;
- higher operation reliability and reconditioning through the use of modern circuit components in most of the equipment;
- improved operational performance through condition monitoring automation and reduction in maintenance time;
- better opportunities for spare parts supply for a long period of time.
Pechora-2M’s main assets include an antenna post of the missile guidance radar, a control van and up to eight self-propelled launchers. The targets are selected for engagement by the Pechora-2M according to the data coming from an external target acquisition radar. Missile is controlled in flight by the radio-command method.
For better survivability of the Pechora-2M when the enemy uses antiradar missiles, diverting transmitters, which are part of the specially developed ECCM system, are used.
en formato pdf