The Tor-M2E air defence missile system with combat vehicle on tracked chassis is designed to provide air defence for military and public facilities against aircraft, helicopters, cruise missiles, guided aerial missiles and bombs, unmanned air vehicles (UAV) flying at medium, low and extremely low altitudes in the heavy air and electronic countermeasures environment.
During the target engagement process, all the target detection and identification, lock-on and missile control operations are done automatically with minimum operator participation.
- combat vehicle (CV) 9A331ME;
- air defence missile module 9M334 with four surface-to-air missiles (SAM) 9M331.
The CV includes:
- a target acquisition station (TAS) with a ground-based radar interrogator;
- missile guidance station (MGS) with a backup optical channel;
- launch automation system;
- digital computer system, display equipment, SAM system health monitoring equipment, communication, navigation, survey and orientation equipment, and a power supply system.