The Skorpion remote-sensing (RS) data receiving and processing station can be based on mobile or stationary receiving post.
The Skorpion-4S remote-sensing data receiving and processing station is designed to receive and process information from a Resurs-P type remote-sensing spacecraft (S/C) and provide two-way service communications with a Russian remote-sensing data processing and S/C control center (hereinafter Center).
The station performs:
- collection, analysis and synthesis of the requests from consumers to receive earth observation information;
- generation of consolidated requests for using S/C resources and their submission to the Center;
- receiving remote sensing data from a Resurs-P type S/C directly via a radio link within the Station’s radio coverage zone and its reconstruction in the digital image format;
- visualization of the received images;
- digital processing of images in order to improve their quality and deciphering properties;
- real-time image interpretation and thematic processing, including the use of geo-information technologies;
- development of information documents;
- systemizing, storing and accounting for the information received;
- exchange of auxiliary information with the Center via a secure service link.