The Palma shipborne automated anti-aircraft artillery system with Sosna-R SAMs and 3V-89 small/medium-caliber artillery fire control system is designed for protection against anti-ship missiles, anti-radar missiles, guided aerial bombs, aircraft and helicopters as well as for engagement of small-displacement vessels and small-size sea and ground targets.
- 3S-89 gun mount with 3V-89 fire control system;
- up to four 3R-99E firing modules;
- Sosna-R SAMs;
- 3Ts-99 or Pozitiv-ME1 target acquisition radar system;
- 3A-99 or Delta hydro-stabilisation system;
- ground support equipment.
- synergetic combination of gun/missile weapons such as high-precision Sosna-R hypersonic laser-guided missiles and AO-18KD rapid-fire automatic cannons.
- multichannel, high-precision and ECM-resistant electro-optical fire control system.
- fully automated operation cycle.
- high jamming immunity, and operational covertness thanks to absence of demasking HF radiation.
The 3R-99E fire module composition: 8 Sosna-R SAMs in TLCs and two 30mm AO-18KD rapid-fire six-barrel automatic guns.
The fire control system includes TV- and thermal-vision channels, laser range-finder, laser-beam missile guidance channel and missile direction finder.
- from one to four 3R-99E fire modules, target acquisition system, gyrostabilisation system;
- only 3R-99E fire modules.