in pdf format
The Iskander-E tactical ballistic missile (TBM) system is designed to effectively destroy high-value pinpoint and area targets in the tactical depth of enemy troops. It is capable of handling missions in all types of ground activity on all theaters of operations in any weather, day or night, with a high probability of combat mission accomplishment in conditions when the enemy actively uses traditional and precision guided weapons, missile defence and air defence systems. In addition, no launching site preparation and survey support as well as launch weather support are required.
The main advantages of the missile system:
- high firepower of a missile attack through installation of two missiles on one launcher;
- effective engagement of a wide range of targets with one or two missiles through the use of advanced warheads, high missile accuracy and reliability;
- high effectiveness of missile strikes and speed in command through command & control automation;
- tactical mobility and maneuverability through the all-terrain cross-country capacity of combat vehicles and strategic mobility due to transportability of the system’s components by all modes of transport;
- high growth potential of the missile system, including through improvement in warhead performance, missile strike accuracy and other areas.
- combat assets;
- command & control and information systems;
- maintenance and repair facilities;
- auxiliary assets;
- training facilities.
in pdf format