The 5P-10E universal radar control system (RCS) is designed for fire control of naval artillery against air targets, including sea-skimming anti-ship missiles, sea and shore targets in all engagement envelopes of naval artillery.
- reception of targeting data from the ship’s sensors, independent detection in a circular scan and tracking of up to 8 targets;
- automatic acquisition in a sector scan and tracking of up to 4 air, surface and radar-observed shore targets;
- automatic simultaneous control of several guns, including guns of two different calibers, firing at one or two targets;
- feeding the current position and the required motion parameters of the tracked targets to a fire direction system for use by other kinds of shipborne weapons;
- automatic closed-loop fire adjustment;
- automatic miss distance measuring and sea target correction input;
- meteorological and ballistic preparation, measurement of and allowance for meteorological and ballistic data;
- display and recording of current symbolic and video information;
- crew training against simulated targets with a possibility of firing at a simulator;
- automated performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
The 5P-10E RCS can be used to equip new-build ships as well as replace overage fire control systems for naval artillery of all types previously delivered to the customer.
Lightweight versions of the RCS, 5P-10-02E and 5P-10-03E, have been developed. They offer the basic set of features and significantly reduced weight and dimension characteristics.