Pozitiv-ME and Pozitiv-ME1.2 3D active shipborne radars are designed to search, detect and track air and surface targets. Radars are mounted at small- and medium-displacement ships and are an integral self-contained part of multi-purpose electronic system.
Pozitiv-ME family radars perform the following tasks:
- air/surface sea-situation surveillance;
- search, detection and tracking of surface and air targets, including small-size, low-flying, and dive ones;
- target detection and tracking in preselected sectors with automated mode selection depending on the ECM environment;
- state identification of detected targets (”friend-or-foe”) by IFF equipment and built-in antennas;
- target coordinates and motion parameters determination;
- target classification according to trajectory parameters;
- target threat prioritisation;
- automatic target distribution and plan display with on-line correction possibility;
- targeting data feed to weapons and other cooperating systems;
- automatic operational modes selection and operability control and trouble-shooting;
- recording of target data processing output, worked-out solutions, and interfaced system status;
- staff training in simulated radar environment.
Thanks to use high-speed rotation of antenna with electronic elevation scanning, special search/lock-on/tracking/prioritisation modes and other positive features of radars provides short reaction time, high throughput capacity and target designation accuracy.