The UAABS unified automated artillery ballistic station incorporates the latest technologies, provides high reliability, comfort, ease and safety of operation.
The UAABS is designed to generate ballistic data and perform the following tasks:
- to measure the muzzle velocity of projectiles (mortar bombs);
- to compute the total deviation of the muzzle velocity of projectiles (mortar bombs) from its table value;
- to compute a correction needed to be applied to the sight for the deviation of the muzzle velocity of a projectile (mortar bomb) from the table value for different types of artillery systems.
The computation results are displayed on a computer screen and can be sent to the automated gun laying control system (AGLCS).
The UAABS features:
- instantaneous determination of the total deviation of the muzzle velocity, a correction to the sight for each projectile or a group of projectiles;
- automatic generation of a correction to the sight for the deviation of the muzzle velocity from the table value;
- support of various artillery systems firing all types of munitions used;
- the possibility of placement on a tripod, self-propelled and towed guns;
- automatic interface with automated gun laying control systems;
- high covertness and low power consumption due to a limited emission time and radar signal processing after the projectile leaves the gun barrel;
- operability in different climatic zones for a long time;
- ease of operation and maintenance.