en formato pdf
The modernized 155mm Msta-S self-propelled howitzer is designed to engage (neutralize) enemy artillery and mortar batteries; tanks, anti-tank and other armored vehicles; manpower and fire means, control points, air defence, missile defence and electronic weaponry; destroy field fortifications and other defensive structures; deny the enemy’s ability to maneuver its infantry and armored reserves.
Advantages of the self-propelled howitzer:
- lowest weight among 155mm/52-caliber SPGs;
- the gun can be loaded at any angle of elevation and a traverse through 360 degrees;
- automatic laying and laying recovery after each shot;
- capability to cross water obstacles up to 5 meters deep and up to 1,000 meters wide;
- original mechanisms feeding projectiles and charges from the ground provide high-rate firing without using the carried ammunition load;
- gun laying and firing are possible in emergency in the event of power failure.
An automated laying and fire control system (ALFCS) installed on the self-propelled howitzer, combined with artillery fire control vehicles, provides highly effective counter-battery fire. The use of the ALFCS reduces the emplacement time 1.5-2 times, shortens the time to open fire by 25-30%, and doubles the survivability of the 2S19M1-155 self-propelled howitzer on the battlefield.
The self-propelled howitzer can deliver both indirect and direct fire only at the halt without the preliminary preparation of firing positions. Laying method is automatic, semi-automatic, manual.
en formato pdf