The 30mm AK-630M automatic gun mount is designed to engage air and surface targets, such as anti-ship missiles, aircraft, helicopters, other types of air strike weapons, as well as small-size surface ships, drifting mines, and fire emplacements and observed enemy personnel ashore.
It is a turret-type mount remotely controlled by a fire control radar system and a sighting station (backup control post). It features AO-18 automatic gun with a revolving, continuously cooled six-barrel cluster, automatic belt feed, and a breech block mechanism to ram the round and extract the case after the shot.
The AO-18 employs water cooling of the cluster that makes it possible to conduct arduous duty firing.
- replacement option for the vintage AK-230 shipborne gun mounts;
- increased ammunition load ready for automatic fire (2,000 rounds in a round-type magazine);
- high rate of fire of AO-18 six-barrel gun with the revolving cluster unit;
- remote laying by the fire control system and sighting station;
- fire adjustment and crew training capabilities (fire with practice rounds at target imitators).