The Project 21632 Tornado small-size missile (gun) ship is designed to perform combat missions on the open seas and navigable rivers as well as peacetime missions in the zone of responsibility of its Task Force.
- combat protection of convoys, destruction of enemy stationary and floating facilities;
- artillery fire support for amphibious assault forces, suppression/destruction of enemy assets and manpower ashore;
- repelling of enemy air attacks;
- implementation of tactical reconnaissance, patrol and security tasks, delivery and landing of reconnaissance-and-sabotage groups on enemy coast, participation in counter-terrorist operations, search and rescue of crew members of ships and aircraft in distress;
- patrolling of the territorial sea and Exclusive Economic Zone.
- 100mm A-190 Universal versatile gun mount (ammunition load - 80 rounds);
- 2x30mm AK-306 gun mounts (ammunition load - 2x500 rounds).
Fire control system
5P-10-03E fire control radar;
Unguided rocket weapons (artillery version)
MS-73 launcher in A-215 Grad-M system (ammunition load - 160 rounds).
Air defence systems
Gibka pedestal mount for Igla-type MANPADS.
Attack missile weapons (missile system version)
- Uran-E missile system (2x4 launchers, 3R-60UE1 ship control system, eight Kh-35E missiles).
- 2x14.5mm MTPU machine guns pedestal mount (ammunition load - 2x2,000 rounds);
- 3x7.62mm PKMB machine guns (ammunition load - 3x1,000 rounds).
- PK-10 decoy dispenser system.
- Anapa-ME sonar;
- DP-64 hand grenade launcher (ammunition load - 128 grenades).
- 67R IFF radar system
Combat information management system
Target acquisition and weapons control systems
- Pozitiv-ME1.2 radar;
- MR-231E navigation radar;
- 5P-10-03E radar;
- Ladoga-ME INSS.