Mission and primary tasks
The Ka-226T day/night light multipurpose helicopter is designed to conduct aerial reconnaissance and targeting, patrol, drop small reconnaissance and sabotage groups, transport cargo and passengers, and evacuate the wounded.
The baseline helicopter can accommodate a variety of modules with special equipment.
The helicopter can be converted into one of the following versions: patrol; search & rescue; medical; transport/freight; passenger; corporate.
The Ka-226T’s airborne equipment provides safe flight control both along air routes and in off-the-airway regulated and unregulated airspace, day and night, and in adverse weather conditions. Lighting equipment of the Ka-226T’s cockpit enables the pilot to fly the helicopter at night, including using night vision goggles. The effectiveness of patrol and search missions at night can be enhanced by using TV/thermal imaging equipment. The helicopter can carry various types of special and optional equipment.
- operability in any geographical and climatic conditions, day and night, and in adverse weather conditions;
- versatility (module replacement takes two hours);
- compactness that enables landings on unprepared small-sized sites;
- high hovering accuracy, including during rescue operations;
- high hovering ceiling;
- excellent maneuverability and handling;
- easy operation and low maintenance;
- maximum safety and single-engine flight and landing capability.