Mission and primary tasks
The Ka-62 multipurpose helicopter is designed to carry passengers and cargo in its transport cabin or large cargo on an external sling, as well as perform special tasks in the interests of different customers.
The helicopter can be used in various versions: search & rescue, patrol, medical, training, passenger/cargo, VIP.
The helicopter carries an airborne system including computer systems, flight control and navigation system, radio communication equipment, multifunctional displays, helicopter-wide system and engine data acquisition and monitoring system. Its engines are equipped with a two-channel electronic digital control system. The helicopter can carry various types of special and optional equipment.
- operability in a wide range of geographical and climatic conditions, day and night, and in adverse weather conditions;
- compactness allowing landings on small-sized land sites, ships and offshore platforms;
- high hovering accuracy, including during rescue operations;
- high hovering ceiling, long range and high speed;
- emergency water landing system;
- excellent maneuverability and handling;
- maximum volume of the transport cabin for this class of helicopters;
- easy operation and low maintenance;
- maximum safety and single-engine flight and landing capability.