The MAS-3 mobile antenna system is designed to receive radiotelemetry information and operate with receiving-recording stations based on air- and spacecraft.
The MAS-3 antenna system comprises:
- reflector system;
- rotary support;
- guidance equipment;
- radio equipment;
- set of spares and transport boxes.
The MAS-3 antenna system (except for guidance equipment) is designed to operate outdoors. The system maintains its performance capabilities under the following external environment:
- ambient temperatures of -40°C to +50°C;
- relative air humidity of 100% or less;
- wind speed of 20 m/s or less;
- after wind forcing with the airflow speed of no more 30 m/s the system maintains stability.
The guidance equipment is designed to operate indoors at the ambient temperature of +5°C to +40° C and at the relative air humidity of no more than (80±3)% at (25±3)°C.
MAS-3 antenna system operating modes
Manual - control from PC keyboard.
Test - operability check.
Resetting - automatic guidance in the preassigned direction during the minimum possible time.
Program - programmable tracking of satellites.