The Project 14232 Mercury air cavity custom's boat is designed to guard state and customs borders, counter smugglers, patrol the Exclusive Economic Zone, and carry out environmental monitoring within 200 miles of the home base and with a maximum permitted distance between the bases of 400 miles.
|BPU-1 turret-mounted machine gun system:
|30mm AK-306 six-barrel gun mount
|Vikhr-K multipurpose gun/missile system:
|one 14.5mm KPVT heavy machine gun, one 7.62mm PKT machine gun
|30mm AK-306V gun mount, four Vikhr guided missiles
|Six Igla MANPADS
- Merkury-NK navigation system comprising Yakhta gyrocompass, LEM 2-2 log/echo sounder, NS-2125 video course-plotter, SN-3401 satellite navigation equipment, and SATs-17 interface device;
- RN (ARP-85) automatic radio direction finder;
- Liman-T navigation radar;
- KM69-M2 magnetic compass.
Stability and seaworthiness
The initial transverse metacentric height of the boat with standard displacement is about 5 m.
The sea-going capacities of the boat provide:
- use of weapons in sea point up to 4 inclusive (wave height of 2 m with 3% probability) with no restrictions on course at a speed attained at maximum allowable rpm of the main engines.
- safe stay in sea point up to 5 inclusive (wave height of up to 3.5 m with 3% probability) at a slow speed of 10-12 knots.
Main propulsion plant
Its twin-shaft plant consists of two M533 main diesel engines, each driving a fixed-pitch propeller.
Three centrifugal fans are used to pump air into a cavity, with two of them driven by hydraulic motors operating from hydraulic pumps attached to the main diesel engines, while the third one is driven by an electric motor.
Electric power (3-phase 380VAC, 50Hz) is provided by two DGR75M2/1500-1 diesel generators. There are also two EKPA-2/150 electric compressors.
Control of the main engines, their auxiliaries and diesel generators is provided by a shipborne automated monitoring and control system located in the wheelhouse.