Russia, Saint Petersburg
The International Maritime Defence Show (IMDS) has been held since 2003 in the territory of the Lenexpo Exhibition Complex (Harbour, Vasilievsky Island) in Saint Petersburg.
The IMDS organizer is the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation. The exhibition operator is Morskoy Salon Co. Ltd. The show is held with participation of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation, Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation, St. Petersburg Authorities and Rosoboronexport.
In 2021, the exhibition will be held for the jubilee tenth time. Rosoboronexport has traditionally taken part in all previous shows.
The thematic sections of the event are: military and civil shipbuilding, armaments, weapon control complexes and systems, combat management systems, navigation complexes and systems, communication complexes and hardware, radio-electronic, radio-technical and hydroacoustic weapons, power plants, ship systems and devices, auxiliary equipment, naval aviation (ship and shore-based), navigation, hydrographic and hydrometeorological support, organic weapons of Navy’s coast guard units, and many other topics, related to the development and support of naval forces.
The format of the show engages the following elements:
- exhibition section in the Harbour of St. Petersburg;
- demonstration of combat ships and boats at the berths of the Marine Station;
- demonstration of naval aviation over the water area of the Gulf of Finland and display of aviation of the Russian Navy at the airbase in the town of Pushkin;
- performance of aerobatic teams of Russia’s Aerospace Forces;
- demonstration of artillery systems on the Rzhevka proving ground of the Ministry of Defence of Russia.