The Parachute systems for recovery and landing of manned space vehicles type Vostok, Voschod, Soyuz, for recovery of boosters of rocket launchers Energia, Arian-5 and other space systems provide compactness, high reliability and possibility of limiting of maximum overload.
During design and development of these systems, the following problems have been solved:
- parachute systems’ deployment at the vehicles subsonic and supersonic speeds (Mach number M<3);
- functioning of the systems in the altitude range from H = 0-1 km to H=40-50 km;
- ensurance of the parachute system operation in the atmospheres of the Earth, Mars and Venus.
Relative mass of the parachute systems is:
- not more than 6-8% at descent velocity of about 7 m/s.
- not more than 2-3% at descent velocity of 25-30 m/s.