The Gepard 5.1 ocean-going patrol ship (on the base of Project 11661) is designed to engage surface, underwater and air targets, perform escort and patrol tasks, provide fire support to amphibious assault forces, plant minefields, guard maritime state borders and Exclusive Economic Zones, support naval operations, hoist state flag in the areas of national interests, protect sea environment and rescue distressed ships. The ship can carry out a wide range of missions independently or as part of a naval task force.
Armament & Equipment
- 76.2mm AK-176M artillery gun mount;
- 30mm six-barrel AK-630M gun mount;
- the shipborne artillery systems are controlled by Laska fire control radar and SP-521 Rakurs system or Palma-SU fire control system;
- two 14.5mm naval machine gun mounts.
Mines and ASW equipment
The ship carries mines to counter hostile warships.
- Pozitiv-ME1 air/surface target acquisition radar;
- 67R IFF suite;
- Podzagolovok-23 mutual interference avoidance system;
- Sigma-E combat information management system.
- LI2-1ME log;
- NEL-20K navigation echo sounder;
- Ogon-50 IR night group navigation system;
- KM115-07 magnetic compass;
- MS-98 weather radar;
- Morena-1 weather data receiver.
- Rubin-EG2 automated communication system;
- VHF radiotelephone station;
- internal voice announcement system
- visual communications equipment, comprising optical devices, searchlights, pyrotechnic means, code flags and figures, etc.
Aviation support assets
- ASW helicopter;
- helipad and maintenance equipment.
The ship carries a Ka-27PS helicopter in search-and-rescue configuration in peacetime, and an ASW version in wartime.
Main propulsion plant
Gepard 5.1is powered by a two-shaft CODAD propulsion plant with variable-pitch propellers, comprising four 3,455 kW (4,700 hp) diesels, or two 4,775 kW (6,494 hp) and two 2,425 kW (3,298 hp) diesels, two reduction gears and localized control and protection system.
The electric power is supplied by four automated 420 kW diesel generators and an auxiliary boiler unit with a steam capacity of 750 kg/h and a working pressure of 5Mpa (0.5kgf/cm2).
en formato pdf