in pdf format
Mission and main tasks
The Be-200 multipurpose amphibious aircraft is intended to perform patrol maritime economic zone and assigned areas, search-and-rescue operations, carry out environmental monitoring, cargo and passenger operations, fire-fighting, as well as military and special tasks.
The Be-200 is a versatile aerial platform where diverse special equipment can be installed to provide an effective solution to military and civilian tasks.
The plane is available in the following versions: search-and-rescue, patrol, transport, ambulance, passenger, and fire-fighting.
The Be-200 is capable of effectively providing search-and-rescue of the crews and passengers of emergency aircraft, ships and submarines, performing air patrol of the maritime economic zone and assigned areas, conducting reconnaissance of sea, land and aerial objects, supporting special operations, transporting personnel, cargo and weapons, evacuating the sick and wounded people in the event of natural disasters, as well as fighting fires with water and special fire-extinguishing fluids.
The Be-200 amphibian carries modern avionics, including new generation flight and navigation system. Its equipment enables the pilots to fly in any geographic and climatic conditions, day and night, under normal and adverse weather conditions.
Airborne special equipment
Patrol version: an on-board radar system, a magnetometer system, an electronic intelligence system, a command tactical system, and a weapon management system can be installed on board the aircraft in addition to the electro-optical detection & surveillance system and operator-observer workstations.
Search-and-rescue version: this equipment may include an electro-optical detection & surveillance system, a searchlight, airborne rescue equipment and operator-observer workstations.
Special ambulance version: the aircraft is equipped with ambulatory equipment and stretchers for transportation of lying cases or severely ill patients.
Freighter version: the plane is fitted with a set of handling equipment enabling cargo transportation in standard containers or on pallets. A monorail winch and roller ways are installed inside the cargo compartment for more autonomy of cargo handling operations.
Fire-fighting version: the aircraft is equipped with water scooping (dropping) tanks and systems and tanks with special fire-extinguishing chemical liquids.
The main advantages
- multifunction capability (search-and-rescue, patrol, freighter, ambulance, passenger, fire-fighting versions);
- capability for prolonged air patrols of maritime zones and assigned areas;
- capability for carrying out search-and-rescue operations and evacuating injured persons from the water;
- with its amphibious capabilities, the aircraft can be used to transport cargo to sea-going vessels or offshore oil-refining platforms, as well as to deliver cargo from airfields to the coastal areas and islands;
- capability to operate in any geographic and climatic conditions, day and night, under normal and adverse weather conditions;
- high flight safety and a ditching capability with one engine inoperative;
- capability of operating from concrete airfields on land, hydrodromes equipped with seaplane slipways on the shores of sea areas, as well as directly from any freshwater or marine water areas;
- capability for autonomous deployment and handling operations (during cargo delivery);
- compliance with applicable ICAO navigation, flight safety, noise and emission requirements.
in pdf format